South Texas College's Distance Learning Department offers students flexible and convenient opportunities to complete their education.
STC offers Online Associate Programs in the following fields:
- Business Administration - Transfer Plan
- Communication Studies
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Education - Elementary
- Education - 4-8 Generalist
- Education - Secondary
- Political Science (Government)
- Human Resource Specialist
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Language and Cultural Studies-Spanish Concentration
- Social Work
STC also offers Certificates in the following fields:
- Accounting Clerk
- Administration of Early Childhood Programs
- Computer Applications Specialist
- Employee and Labor Relations Assistant
- Human Resources Assistant
- Payroll Assistant
- Recruiter Assistant
STC also offers Bachelor of Applied Technology degrees in the following fields:
- Technology Management
- Computer and Information Technologies
- Medical and Health Services Management
- Organizational Leadership
Distance Learning Courses are offered in a variety of formats: Online, Hybrid, Web-Enhanced, and Videoconferencing.
- Online coursework may be completed from any computer that has Internet access.
- Some instructors require students to take proctored exams. Check the course list for specific information.
- Hybrid classes divide class meeting-time between online and on-campus locations.
- Web-Enhanced courses meet on campus as regularly scheduled and have a web component that is either required or elective at the instructor’s discretion.