The following immunizations are required for all students enrolled in health-related courses which will involve direct patient contact in medical settings.
Students for whom these requirements are not applicable are strongly encouraged by the institution to obtain them for their own protection.
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR): Proof of Immunization as defined by the Texas Department of Health Standards or proof of Immunity by disease.
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Tdap): Proof of “booster” dose administered within the last 10 years.
- Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines: Written certification of serological immunity or completed series of Hep B vaccinations (3 shot series).
- Chicken Pox (Varicella): Proof immunity by disease, immunization or serological immunity.
- Meningitis (students under the age of 22): State requirement.
Students enrolled at STC will assume full cost of any immunizations. Inquiries concerning any exemptions to these requirements should be directed to the Clinical Affairs Specialist for Nursing and Allied Health Programs.